Fraud? Business has been having undocumented workers and is planning on filing for bankruptcy once the business is signed over.

Privately owned business has family working under the table for years and filing taxes improperly. They have bought land and put in under a family members name so that they can move the business and then sign it over to a relative so that they can file for bankruptcy and not have to pay back anything. Even though it will not be legally their company they will still be working and collecting money. Is this something big enough for me to report?

Neenah, WI -

Dorothy G Bunce

Dorothy G Bunce

Debt / Lending Agreements Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

It is not like it costs anything for you to file a report to the authorities. I would begin by reporting to the IRS and to immigration. Hope this perspective helps!

Eric J Camm

Eric J Camm

Business Attorney - Seattle, WA

I would consider contacting the attorney general's office in Wisconsin. They will have a number of good resources to help you understand what options you have in terms of reporting something that concerns you.

You could also contact a good bankruptcy attorney to discuss what steps you might take if the above stated plan is implemented.

Related Advice