Four years ago a friend was staying with us and her boyfriend came to my home after he tried to kill someone, I went to sheriff

Asked 7 months ago - Redding, CA

Explained what was going on they contacted detectives and I spoke with them telling them please do not use my name that I was afraid that when he gets out he will try to hurt me, and of course they said my name would be anonymous .
Well he is out of prison now and he visits a house that is 2 doors down from mine , I was told that he is passing out the paperwork showing my name and saying he has a problem with me . Is there anything I can do .

1. William Mark Weinberg

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You can contact the police, but I would look for the same person you dealt with earlier. A restraining order is not worth much, unless the restrained person "gets the point" and stays away. If this customer is looking for real trouble, a piece of paper won't do much to deter him. Don't let the cops off the hook: if they revealed your name, make them help you.

If my answer has been helpful please note that. We answer these questions free of charge and appreciate the feedback.
  2. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

2

1

Answered . Yes, contact the police. You can also get a restraining order. The individual may or may not have committed a crime. You can also hire a criminal attorney who can assist you through this.

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

1

Answered . Contact the police and the prosecutor's office. Good luck.

4. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

Answered . Local law enforcement is your best resource in this type of situation. If the local police are not "interested" then contact state authorities. Document that is write down everything noting the persons and dates of your contacts.