Four of my minor siblings overstayed their visa because of school issues. what should we write when applying for an F-2 visa?

Asked about 1 year ago - South Brunswick, NJ

Four of my minor siblings have overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration officer because they were attending school and could not leave due to exams, so they have completed the school year. Now we want to apply for their F-2 visa, How should we answer the question in the visa application regarding the field "Overstayed"?

Thank you for your help.

1. Fernanda Nunes Hottle

Pro

3

1

Answered . Did they enter the country with a B-2 visa and overstayed? If that's the case, it's probably too late to file for a change of status. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review their immigration histories and assess their options before filing anything.

2. Dean P Murray

1

Answered . You need legal advice. Legal advice requires a consultation. It's not the type of question that can be answered on Avvo, nor should it be. Call around.

3. Christine Swenson

2

1

Answered . There's no magical answer except the truth but given the information you've provided there's more information needed. I agree with Ms. Hottle that your siblings should contact an immigration attorney for a consult and more complete guidance than what we can accomplish in this forum.

4. Leonard Roy Boyer

Pro

Answered . You need to retain an immigration attorney to handle these matters for you. Immigration law is constantly changing and mistakes can be very costly. No one can give you a course on this site on how to represent yourself. This is complex and beyond the scope of this site. If you have not already retained counsel, please feel free to contact me.