Found bank statements indicating large deposit of $ made into my account that I did not authorize totaling $80,000 +

Asked over 1 year ago - Rochester, MN

I had an account open at bank of america from 2004 - 2010. during that time i was working overseas and did not always have access to my personal banking to report errors within 60 days of printed statement.
Recently I found a bank statement dated back to 2007 indicating a deposit of $80,000 into checking and $40,000 to savings. In same month and year $40,000 was withdrawn.
I did not authorize these transactions and was never notified of any unusual activity. I have suspected bank fraud or embezzlement where an internal employee used my account to launder money or other criminal activity such as wire fraud. I did not see or suspect anything unusual as I was paying premium for account monitoring services etc...

1. Stanley N Zahorsky

1

Answered . From your description it appears that more money was deposited in your account than was withdrawn and now the account is closed. Consequently, monetarily you were not damaged, but regarding money laundering I would need more information before commenting. If you would like to discuss this matter, please give me a call at 952-835-2607.

2. Robert John Murillo

1

Answered . Do you have a question?