Former employer stopped COBRA insurance

Asked about 1 year ago - Arlington, VA

i've been out on disability for over a year. my employer terminated my employment several months ago. in the letter they said i would get a packet in the mail regarding COBRA. i never received a packet, but i got an invoice for my health insurance. i paid it online every month, and it was listed as COBRA. in the middle of June they canceled my health insurance stating i should not have been paying it, and blamed it on me saying i should have known. they gave me no warning, and it did say COBRA. i don't know what to do. since they've terminated me they've messed up several things. even my 401k loan. can they do that with my insurance on such short notice? is there anything i can do?

1. Ryan Michael Davidson

Pro

Answered . Sounds like you're going to need to consult with a local employment attorney. There are enough issues going on here that answering questions in this context is not likely to be productive.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.