Form N-400: Part 10, Section B: Affiliations How to fill and what's expected of the applicant to provide here?

Boston, MA |

I have been member in some professional and religious organizations. In my I-485 application (Adjustment of Status, employment based), I provided their abbreviated names so for example I wrote IEEE instead of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. I-485 asks name dates of memeberships and nature of the organization.

N-400 part 10: Section B on the other hand asks for just the names of organizations the applicant has ever belonged to, can I provide the same abbreviated names as I did on I-485 with little explanation in brackets, for example:

IEEE [Professional, Engineering]
ABC[Faith based community center]

Should membership to clubs like AAA or local wholesale club (BJs, CostCo, Sam's club) also needs to be disclosed here?

Thanks

1. Generally you do want your forms to be consistent. It is not necessary to mention Sam's Club. It is best to consult an attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Generally, only professional memberships should be included. Not membership to AAA, etc.

Phone: 603-296-2222; Email: LawServeAtty@aol.com. LawServe - 15 Stark St., Manchester, NH. The information provided is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as legal advice or a creation of an attorney/client relationship.

3. I agree you do want your forms to be consistent.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.