Form N-400: Part 10, Section B: Affiliations How to fill and what's expected of the applicant to provide here?

Asked 10 months ago - Boston, MA

I have been member in some professional and religious organizations. In my I-485 application (Adjustment of Status, employment based), I provided their abbreviated names so for example I wrote IEEE instead of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. I-485 asks name dates of memeberships and nature of the organization.

N-400 part 10: Section B on the other hand asks for just the names of organizations the applicant has ever belonged to, can I provide the same abbreviated names as I did on I-485 with little explanation in brackets, for example:

IEEE [Professional, Engineering]
ABC[Faith based community center]

Should membership to clubs like AAA or local wholesale club (BJs, CostCo, Sam's club) also needs to be disclosed here?

Thanks

1. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

4

1

Answered . Generally you do want your forms to be consistent. It is not necessary to mention Sam's Club. It is best to consult an attorney.

2. Enrique Felix Mesa Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . Generally, only professional memberships should be included. Not membership to AAA, etc.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . I agree you do want your forms to be consistent.