Form N 14 - Additional Information?? why????

Miami, FL |

Hello,

I few days ago, I had the interview related with the naturalization process. I am applying for the naturalization after being living in the States more than 30 months with permanent resident (green card). In the interview, everything was going perfect. I passed the English test as well as the civic test. But, when I thought that the process was ended up, the officer told me that he needed to clarify more information. He was worried about if now, I am resident in the States or not, because lately I have had a lot trips to the country where my girlfriend is living.

I wasn´t in the States 3 months prior to the date of filing the application. Is that a problem? Now, I am worried about if I will get the naturalization or if I could miss the greed card.

Thank you

1. Based on your facts it seems that not only you are not eligible for naturalization but also your permanent US residency might be called into question.

Have this whole thing examined by an immigration lawyer in your area ASAP.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I would need to review the record as a whole before I can give you any ideas. For instance, short trips abroad do not break the three month of residency requirement of the trip was brief and casual. Whether it was, is a question of fact which cannot be determined on your facts

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. I agree with my colleague. Bring all your immigraiton papers and travel records to an immigraiton attorney to review. Before you go, make a list of all your trips out of the US since getting your greencard. Have the exact dates you left and returned.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.