Form I864

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

Iam the petitioner but my friend is the sponsor, who should file form I864 me or my friend or both?

Im just a student so I don't make money to support..
so should my friend filed the form if he is the only one who can sponsor my mother?
I filled the I-130

1. Habib Hasbini

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should send 2( I-864 Form), one under your name and other under your friend's name (co-sponsor)

Law Offices of Hasbini 619-200.8986. Free on phone and in office consultation. http://www.sandiegoemploymentlawyer.net
  2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

6

1

Answered . Any petitioner must file an I-864, even if you have a co-sponsor.

3. Brian David Lerner

5

1

Answered . Hello:

Assuming you are a USC and over 21, you need to find a joint sponsor who is domiciled in the U.S. and is an LPR or USC and knows the consequences of being a joint sponsor.

Regards,

Brian D. Lerner
    Attorney at Law

4. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

5

Answered . The petitioner is required to submit an I-864. If the petitioner cannot meet income levels to sponsor, a joint sponsor is possible. The joint sponsor has to meet the required income amount on his own and also would need an I-864.

5. Stephen D. Berman

5

1

Answered . If you filed a visa petition for your mother, you need to file an I-864. Your friend can also sign one as a joint sponsor.