Form i485

Atlanta, GA |

My interview is in 2wks time, but I don't have the interview letter yet in my mail. My online status said it was mailed out June 30 but I have not got it yet, I called uscis and the lady said I have to wait 30days before they send me another one but the date is already on my online status. What do I do? Should I go to the local office where the interview is held? I don't know the specific time but I can go there as early as possible and maybe explain to them that my letter got lost by USPS. What do I do? I'm so confused

Scheduling an Infopass appointment to confirm the date and time of your interview would be a good idea.

2. If you know the date and time of the interview, print whatever it says online and go to the interview.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. Yes, schedule an INFOPASS appointment immediately to speak to someone at the local office.

4. Be patient ... 9 days is not a long time to wait for a letter ... especially with the 4th of July in the middle.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

5. I agree with my colleagues. Schedule an infopass as soon as possible.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

6. Yes. You might want to make an info pass appointment. Bring a copy of the message from the website and explain your situation. You will need the notice to get into the interview.

7. In addition to the information supplied in the previous responses, your situation highlights one of the disadvantages in not being represented by an attorney in the adjustment of status process: the USCIS sends Notices, including interview appointment notices, both to an applicant and to his/her attorney. That helps assure that if there is a problem delivering a Notice to one, the other can be expected to receive the same notice nonetheless.

Good luck with an INFOPASS appointment and with the adjustment of status interview.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] David N. Soloway Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. 1800 Century Place, Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com 404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

8. It's only been a week, wait a couple more weeks. Also, if you filed through an attorney, the attorney's office gets notification as well.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.