Form i485

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

My interview is in 2wks time, but I don't have the interview letter yet in my mail. My online status said it was mailed out June 30 but I have not got it yet, I called uscis and the lady said I have to wait 30days before they send me another one but the date is already on my online status. What do I do? Should I go to the local office where the interview is held? I don't know the specific time but I can go there as early as possible and maybe explain to them that my letter got lost by USPS. What do I do? I'm so confused

1. Ralf D. Wiedemann

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Scheduling an Infopass appointment to confirm the date and time of your interview would be a good idea.

2. Stephen D. Berman

6

1

Answered . If you know the date and time of the interview, print whatever it says online and go to the interview.

3. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

6

1

Answered . Yes, schedule an INFOPASS appointment immediately to speak to someone at the local office.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

6

1

Answered . Be patient ... 9 days is not a long time to wait for a letter ... especially with the 4th of July in the middle.

5. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

5

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Schedule an infopass as soon as possible.

6. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

5

1

Answered . Yes. You might want to make an info pass appointment. Bring a copy of the message from the website and explain your situation. You will need the notice to get into the interview.

7. David Nabow Soloway

3

Answered . In addition to the information supplied in the previous responses, your situation highlights one of the disadvantages in not being represented by an attorney in the adjustment of status process: the USCIS sends Notices, including interview appointment notices, both to an applicant and to his/her attorney. That helps assure that if there is a problem delivering a Notice to one, the other can be expected to receive the same notice nonetheless.

Good luck with an INFOPASS appointment and with the adjustment of status interview.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

8. Anu Gupta

Pro

2

2

Answered . It's only been a week, wait a couple more weeks. Also, if you filed through an attorney, the attorney's office gets notification as well.