Skip to main content

Form I-90 application to replace green card

Paterson, NJ |

I wanted to replace my lost green card, and i also wanted to change my name because i recently got married. On the form, it only allows you to chose only one option, which option should I chose? replace lost green card, or name change option.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Either way you will get a new card. Select name change.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you do the name change option, enclose a copy of your marriage certificate.


I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You would probably want to indicate name change and enclose a copy of the marriage certificate as well in order to show the basis of the name change.

The above is general information only and should not be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer