Form I-864 question 21-f is it 0 or 1 ?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

Hello! I am submitting USCIS forms to adjust my status after i got married ,and my husband is an American citizen,the problem is he was married to a foreigner before and he filed for her and she is a USC now,on form I-864 21-f it's a confusing question for my case : if you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864 EZ who are now lawful permanent residents enter number here,so is it 0 in my case or 1? I am the only one who lives with my husband and his ex went to a different country so no one is included in the household size but us ,so the household size should be 2 am I right ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

2

Best Answer

Answered . The right answer is "0" your husband's ex is now a USC and husband is no longer responsible for her financially under the Affidavit he previously signed for her.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Answered . Although I agree with Mr. Behar, the answer is 0 and the total count should add up to 2 (assuming no children) ... I also agree with my other colleague .... meet with an immigration lawyer and have him/her review your papers.

Many of us do this via Skype ... and we work on weekends too!

It will be a good investment to discuss the forms, and other issues, in private with an attorney BEFORE you file, rather than after you encounter 'issues'.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . My personal professional opinion is that any tentative AOS submission must be reviewed in person in its entirety by a trained immigration attorney in your presence. There is no substitute for competence of a legal professional.