Form i-864

Ashburn, VA |
Filed under: Immigration

I am currently filling out the affidavit of support form and am on Part 5, where you enter the number of people in your household .I put in '1' for the person I am sponsoring, '1' for myself, but then it says "If you are currently married, enter '1' for your spouse".I am currently married, but he is the person I am sponsoring so what should I put there?I looked at the example form and it has '0' in that place, but isn't it contradictory? Also, my sister lives with me and she sponsored her husband as well by putting the same address i put into the i-864 application , so will i put her name in the household size as well or not? she doesn't help me financial.

1. You must add a number 1 for any person you claim as a dependent on your tax returns.

2. I agree with my colleague.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

3. I agree with my colleague. You should put a number for everyone in your household who is listed on your tax returns. So for your husband only count him once. My best advice is to consult an immigration atttorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. If you are sponsoring your spouse, you should put him once, as the person you are sponsoring. Leave the other line blank. Your sister has no effect or relevance to your case, unless she is a co-sponsor. I recommend to hire a lawyer to help you with the process. Good luck.

Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski, Esq.
    Attorney & Counselor at Law
    I.S. Law Firm, PLLC
    1199 N Fairfax St., Ste 702
    Alexandria, VA 22314
    Tel: (703) 527-1779
    Fax: (703) 778-0369
    ismail@islawfirm.com
    www.islawfirm.com

The information provided in this answer is designed to provide useful information and background materials about I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. The information provided is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. Any communication, including electronic mail, through this website may not be confidential or privileged. For legal advice, you should consult with an attorney familiar with your circumstances and seek the advice of counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision and should not be based upon written descriptions of I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC’s experience. Every case is different and similar results may not be obtained in your case. I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC does not endorse or sponsor any links from this website to other websites and has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for their contents.