Form I-485 Part 3 C

Asked about 2 years ago - Decatur, GA

List your present and past affiliations with every organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society, or similar group in United States?

What do I need to put down or do I need to put down anything? For example, math club in high school, engineering society in college, etc
thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

1

Answered . Not a bad idea to do so, but the government is really looking for politically affiliated organizations.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . When asked this question, I almost always instruct my clients to put "NONE" and move on.

What is being asked here is of a political (as opposed to professional or hobby) affiliation.

3. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

Answered . Post 9/11 I actually instruct my clients to even put down the most mundane organization/club since in actuality USCIS is looking for misrepresentation of terrorist type organizations etc and I've had clients who honestly omitted being in a mosque congregation got into some hot questioning for trying to "misrepresent" a "membership. So to err on the side of caution just put down whatever member you have been in since attaining age of majority, ie. 18. USCIS and the Feds are now perpetually paranoid post 9/11 and are looking for ways to deny your application for a benefit not approve it.

4. Thomas Esparza Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . just put what you remember. impress them, but don't brag. this is holdover from the days where they were hunting for Nazis or Communists. (they still do)