Skip to main content

Form I-360!

Blue Bell, PA |
Filed under: Immigration

I applied for form I-360, I got notice of action l-797(this expired last week) i didnt get any answer, approved or not approved! What can i do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Form I-360 covers many different types of applications. Did you file an I-360 as an abused spouse? You should contact USCIS to see if you can get an updated Notice of Action (notice of prima facie case). Depending on exactly what type of application you filed, USCIS often takes a long time to make decisions on cases. You should consult with an immigration attorney near you.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.



Thank you for you message. Yes, abused spouse! I just want to know are they still processing my case even this form got expired!

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin


You should contact USCIS and ask for an updated "prima facie" letter.



Thank you so much for your help!


If you just filed the I-360, then expect to wait a while. It may take upwards of a year or longer for a final, not prima facie, decision.

The burden of evidence/proof of abuse may take time consuming efforts to prove. You should seek an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


When it is approved or denied, you will receive notification of that.

Option 1: continue waiting.
Option 2: if the estimated processing time has been exceeded by at least 30 days, do an InfoPass.
Option 3: hire an experienced immigration attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer