Form I-360!

I applied for form I-360, I got notice of action l-797(this expired last week) i didnt get any answer, approved or not approved! What can i do?

Blue Bell, PA -

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

Form I-360 covers many different types of applications. Did you file an I-360 as an abused spouse? You should contact USCIS to see if you can get an updated Notice of Action (notice of prima facie case). Depending on exactly what type of application you filed, USCIS often takes a long time to make decisions on cases. You should consult with an immigration attorney near you.

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

If you just filed the I-360, then expect to wait a while. It may take upwards of a year or longer for a final, not prima facie, decision.

The burden of evidence/proof of abuse may take time consuming efforts to prove. You should seek an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

When it is approved or denied, you will receive notification of that.

Option 1: continue waiting.
Option 2: if the estimated processing time has been exceeded by at least 30 days, do an InfoPass.
Option 3: hire an experienced immigration attorney.

Related Advice