Form I-130, have you ever before filed a petition for any other alien ? date of filling and result

My husband was married before and he did petition for his wife a few years ago, she got her green card and he doesn't know about her anymore..we are not sure what to write under D-2 ( form I-130), should we leave it blank ? what to write especially under result ?

Los Angeles, CA -

Andrea Felice Szew

Andrea Felice Szew

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

If your husband has petitioned for someone before he must mark yes. It is important that you answer all questions honestly on any application.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Exactly what you just said - yes.

Evelyne M Hart

Evelyne M Hart

Immigration Attorney - Fullerton, CA

The answer is "yes." Result: approved and write the approximate date.

Michael Paul Ruttle

Michael Paul Ruttle

Immigration Attorney - Torrance, CA

The question you're referring to asks "Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?" Based on your facts, you seem to already know the answer to this question.

Ali Ghulam Jamal

Ali Ghulam Jamal

Immigration Attorney - Lawrenceville, GA

Mark yes and provide the information requested. It is always a good idea to get your application reviewed by an attorney even if you don't retain one to file it for you. Hope this helps.