Form 1.977

Lakeland, FL |
Filed under: Filing a lawsuit

If you receive a final judgment in a civil suit and they want you to fill out a Florida Rules of Civil Procedure form 1.977 (Fact Information Sheet) and return it in 45 days. What will happen if you don't?

This final judgment was sent from an attorneys office via regular mail. It was not sent buy a process servicer. This should have been sent from the court or cerified mail. That is the legal way from what I have read issn't it?

If you do not fill in the form and return it, the plaintiff can seek an order requiring you to complete it, and the plaintiff can also ask that the court assess the fees and costs involved from you which you will be ordered to pay under paint of contempt. It would get it completed and returned, know that they are after your money.

I agree with Mr. Woodward's response. To go further, if an order is entered and you still don't comply, the court issue a writ of bodily attachment to have you brought before the court by a law enforcement officer.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes