Skip to main content

Forgot to notify USCIS about change of address (Green Card holder)

Honolulu, HI |
Filed under: Green cards

Hi there!
I'm a Green Card holder (Extended another 10 yrs) and I sold my place in the end of this February. I didn't know I should have notified USCIS about my change of address within 10 days. Another problem is that I supposed to move in to my friend's house, which address is mentioned on the documents to Escrow company, "For IRS From 1099-S Reporting For Real Estate Transactions, (Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions) as "Forwarding Street Address (your address after closing)". But my friends changed their mind so that I didn't moved in there and I moved in another friend's house. In this case, should I inform only the current address , which actually I moved in, to USCIS ? Or should I include the address on Form 1099-S, which address I ended up NOT moved in as well? Please help!

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    Do it now. It is not a big deal

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. Mail your AR-11 now ... use your current address ... send it via certified mail.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics