Foreign Divorce Recognition Procedure

Las Vegas, NV |

I got married in Las Vegas NV, transcripted the marriage in Algeria and divorced in Algeria. As I understood from previous questions, a foreign divorce is recognized in the US, but what is the procedure?
Who should I forward the documents to?
What document should I send?

There is no procedure. The US does not have a central repository of marriage or divorce records. Rather they are maintained at a state (or lower) level. As such, you would only need to "prove" your Algerian divorce in the US if you were asked to do so as part of a federal process here.

Responses are for general information purposes only, and are based on the extremely limited facts given. A consultation with an attorney experienced in the area of law(s) indicated in the question is highly recommended. Information and advice given here should not be relied upon for any final action or decision, as the information is limited by its nature to the question asked and the fact(s) presented in that question. THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP, particularly considering that the names of the parties are unknown.

2. However, a lot might depend where that former wife is now and if she recognizes the divorce. If the divorce was done without one or both of the parties that could be a problem if the other party does not recognize the divorce and is in the US.

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society. International Law 24/7 hotline +1-202-318-2406 - Dr. Jonathan Levy, PhD calls or emails usually returned within 24 hours.

3. I think your best bet is to consult with a knowledgeable attorney in person. Your question involves special expertise.