Skip to main content

Foreclosure and sale of house 2012. What attorney do we need to find out about repayment of loan or steps we need to take?

Huber Heights, OH |

My DIL received a 1099A for her taxes, she doesn't have any other information about her case. We don't know if she will have to repay the rest of the debt or how we can find out. They just got married last October so this was news to my son. They don't have much money so we are trying to help them as much as we can before trying to hire someone. Thanks.

Attorney Answers 2


Need to talk to an Accountant that knows

I believe Obama regulation may waive any tax due

This is separate and apart on how much may be due on the loan

Accountant should be able to help or refer you to the proper attorney

Mark as helpful


Having them speak with a bankruptcy attorney is a good idea. An account may need to get involved to file an IRS Form 982.

The legal analysis of any situation depends on a variety of factors which cannot be properly represented or accounted for in a response to an on-line question. Any answer, discussion or information is intended as general information only, is not intended to serve as legal advice or as a substitute for legal counsel, and should not be relied upon in making any decision. If you have a question about a specific factual situation, you should contact an attorney directly.

Mark as helpful

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics