Foreclosure action has been started against me for a piece of land I own in florida. What are the foreclosure laws in Florida?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I purchased a piece of land in Lee County for an investment a few years ago. It turned out to be wetlands and to be unbuildable. I am in the middle of a law suit for fraud against the investment group, builder & developer- in the meantime- the bank is serving me with foreclosure. I live in California. What does this mean for me, as far as deficiency judgements, etc? I was considering filing for bankruptcy, but then the the bank would own my lawsuit, and these people would be getting away with selling me wetlands and giving me false information!!

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . You've posted this in Los Angeles, and if you want Florida lawyers to see it to respond to your foreclosure law question, you should re-post it with Florida as your location.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Howard Robert Roitman

Answered . Ms. Koslyn is right, see a local lawyer who can give you detailed answers on the effects of the options available to you,

3. Kenneth Evan Chyten

Answered . As you are "in the middle of a law suit for fraud", I would suggest you address your questions to your Florida attorneys in that case.

Your Florida attorneys can also advise you as to whether you were properly served by the bank with the requisite notices regarding the foreclosure process, and any defenses you might have to that claim.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RESPONSE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A LEGAL OPINION OR ADVISE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. IN ORDER TO RENDER A LEGAL OPINION OR ADVISE, THE RESPONDING ATTORNEY WOULD NEED FAR MORE INFORMATION THAN HAS BEEN PROVIDED, AND WOULD NEED TO BE RETAINED PURSUANT TO A WRITTEN FEE AGREEMENT.