Foreclosure, Status Hearing, no auction schedule yet - How much longer can I stay in my house?

Cincinnati, OH |

Last payment went to my bank in November 2011, May of 2012 they began the filing process, judgement in their favor went through in late Sept./early Oct. 2012. There is only a "Status Hearing" scheduled for Nov 27th so far and my house is not listed on the sheriff auction site through at least January 2013. Also is there any reason at all to attend the status hearing? I'd prefer not to take off work and lose income that could be going towards my next place seeing as I will likely be moving soon.

Did you file an Answer? I'm familiar with this Court and would be happy to discuss with you after reviewing the docket. Feel free to call me at your convenience.

Joe - 513-671-6333

I am licensed attorney in Ohio & Kentucky. Posting a response to your question or issue does not create an attorney-client relationship and I am not providing you legal advice. Every case is fact specific; therefore my response should not be construed as a legal opinion. You should speak with an attorney who is licensed in your state to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights or right to recover damages. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship with Joseph L. Beyke or Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas, LLC.

The specific timing on how long you'll be able to stay is purely a function of how long the matter takes to get to a foreclosure sale and that's highly variable. You'd be wise to touch base with the other attorney responding here or someone else in your area to get an opinion based on your specific situation.

Evan A. Nielsen
1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211

Mention this Post for a free consultation.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.

Generally, what happens in court depends on what you do. If you ignore the case, expect the process to move fairly quickly. My advise to my clients is: When someone is suing you, for whatever reason, it is a good idea to get involved with the case. If you don't, everything represented by the plaintiff is deemed true. So, get involved in the case - and get help from experienced counsel if at all possible. After all, it is your home you are trying to defend.

I hope this helps.
Steven A. Leahy

Please note that the above is not intended as legal advice, it is for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is created or is intended to be created hereby. You should contact a local attorney to discuss and to obtain legal advice.

Recommended articles about Real estate