Foreclosure, Status Hearing, no auction schedule yet - How much longer can I stay in my house?

Asked over 2 years ago - Cincinnati, OH

Last payment went to my bank in November 2011, May of 2012 they began the filing process, judgement in their favor went through in late Sept./early Oct. 2012. There is only a "Status Hearing" scheduled for Nov 27th so far and my house is not listed on the sheriff auction site through at least January 2013. Also is there any reason at all to attend the status hearing? I'd prefer not to take off work and lose income that could be going towards my next place seeing as I will likely be moving soon.

1. 5

Answered . Did you file an Answer? I'm familiar with this Court and would be happy to discuss with you after reviewing the docket. Feel free to call me at your convenience.

Thanks,

Joe - 513-671-6333

2. 3

Answered . Generally, what happens in court depends on what you do. If you ignore the case, expect the process to move fairly quickly. My advise to my clients is: When someone is suing you, for whatever reason, it is a good idea to get involved with the case. If you don't, everything represented by the plaintiff is deemed true. So, get involved in the case - and get help from experienced counsel if at all possible. After all, it is your home you are trying to defend.

I hope this helps.
    Respectfully,
    Steven A. Leahy
    www.chicagotaxteam.com

3. 2

Answered . The specific timing on how long you'll be able to stay is purely a function of how long the matter takes to get to a foreclosure sale and that's highly variable. You'd be wise to touch base with the other attorney responding here or someone else in your area to get an opinion based on your specific situation.

Evan A. Nielsen
    1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
    Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211
    Evan.Nielsen@NLGLaw.com
    www.NielsenLawGroup.net

Mention this Post for a free consultation.