Forced eviction in Kissimmee hotel

Kissimmee, FL |

my residence is studio six hotel and has been for almost a year, last Friday the GM informed my daughter that she did not want our rent money that she wanted us out stating we brought in roaches when we did not (our room sat less then 1 foot from 3 trash cans) we had complained several times about roaches and management did nothing about it. from what i have been told since this is my only residence and i do get mail here and have been here for almost a year they they have to evict us or atleast give us a 15 day written notice (which they have not doen).. is there any help you can give me in this matter they are saying we have to be out by Tuesday

we had been paying our rent every 2 weeks and have never been late. we have even paid our rent in the past month to month at times also never late

The situation you describe can be very complex as it deals with the interplays between Florida Statute sections 509 and 83 and whether you are a tenant or simply a guest in a hotel. If you are considered the later then your rights are extremely limited and you may have a sheriff knocking on your door any minute. It is important that you contact an attorney immediately to review the relevant facts and provide you with the best course of action. It wouldn't hurt to review Florida Statute Section 509 and 83 either. Links Below. Good Luck.

The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information provided by this website is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be legal advice. Your use of this website, and/or the sending of information to Ostrega Law Firm, P.A. does not establish an attorney/client relationship nor does it create a confidential relationship.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant