For worker's compensation cases, are the judges in San Francisco more sympathetic to the claimant than they are in Oakland?

Oakland, CA |

A worker's comp attorney in San Francisco told me the injured worker benefits more from having the case heard there instead of Oakland, because the SF judges usually more fully compensate the injured employee.

If you have a competent Attorney, you should be fine in either venue. If you do not have an Attorney, you are at a major disadvantage regardless of venue.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

2. There was certainly a time when that was generally true. These days, while there are sympathetic judges at both offices, I like your chances better in Oakland than in San Francisco.

3. I could not had answered better than Mr. Corson. Good Luck!

4. That is a real judgment call; it probably has more to do with the relationship with the attorneys and the judges than any huge preferences or prejudices on the part of the Judge. I think I have spent more time in preparing the case than hand-pick the venues.

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.