For worker's compensation cases, are the judges in San Francisco more sympathetic to the claimant than they are in Oakland?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

A worker's comp attorney in San Francisco told me the injured worker benefits more from having the case heard there instead of Oakland, because the SF judges usually more fully compensate the injured employee.

1. George Ellis Corson IV

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you have a competent Attorney, you should be fine in either venue. If you do not have an Attorney, you are at a major disadvantage regardless of venue.

2. Ruben Alonso Montoya

5

Answered . I could not had answered better than Mr. Corson. Good Luck!

3. Gerald Franklin Batchelder

4

1

Answered . There was certainly a time when that was generally true. These days, while there are sympathetic judges at both offices, I like your chances better in Oakland than in San Francisco.

4. John Noah Kitta

4

Answered . That is a real judgment call; it probably has more to do with the relationship with the attorneys and the judges than any huge preferences or prejudices on the part of the Judge. I think I have spent more time in preparing the case than hand-pick the venues.