For the last few months I have been bullied at work

Asked over 1 year ago - Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

I work in a competitive hair Salon,we work for commission and are poorly managed.I have had a couple confrontation with 2 different co-workers and I feel that for whatever reasoning in their mind; I might have been set up by one of them to be fired and from the other for the purpose of taking my working station ,This is all very petty to me but I have sensed hostility and felt harassed by my so called ''manager' for a 2 or 3 months .In the confrontations with co-workers I was threatened with physical harm in both cases and told to ''retire because I am too old for this kind of work''. I have gone as far as contacting the owner of the Salon but the are not very involved. I have witness for each confrontations but I doubt that anyone will stand by me for fear of loosing their job. what?

1. Christopher Edward Ezold

Pro

1

1

Answered . I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies.

That being said, what you describe appears to be a hostile environment due to age; this is age discrimination. You should immediately complain of age discrimination internally and in writing - follow any policy the salon has for doing so. You should also speak with an employment attorney to get practical advice on how to manage this situation and get an end result you want, and on your legal rights and potential claims.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    Employment, Business and Health Law
    One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585
    Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
    www.ezoldlaw.com