Skip to main content

For the Deferred Action applications, do I have to send 2 separate money orders or just one of 465$

Southfield, MI |

I know the work permit is 380$ and the biometrics is 85$ but i don't know if it has to be two separate money orders

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Read the instructions.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Just 1 is ok .... as is having an attorney help you. It isn't as simple of a process as it appears to be.

    Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
    CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW -- 1-503-803-0055 --

    IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

  3. One money order is fine. Make sure that you fill-out the money order properly and make it out to the Department of Homeland Security (no abbreviations).

    I would especially encourage you to talk to an attorney before filing if you have any arrests, citations, convictions or other contact with the police and or criminal justice system. Even seemingly minor crimes like a DUI can result in denial and possibly an NTA.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics