For the AOS interview based on marriage,is it necessary to take the forms (485,130.. that i have already mailed to them ?

Rockford, IL |

We have an interview coming soon, is it important to take those forms that we have already mailed to USCIS like I-485, I-130,I-864..with us, we signed and mailed them,so now i have to refill them again, is it OK to sign new ones and take them ? does the local office have them now? or they expect us to bring them again ..the interview notice asks for form I-864 unless its already filed ?

1. You do NOT need to bring the Forms you are mentioning to the interview. USCIS will already have them in your file. What you should instead bring is ample documentary proof substantiating your lives together as husband and wife since the marriage.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. No need to bring new forms.

But, hopefully you made copies and you should review them prior to the meeting.

Read the appointment notice closely.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. Yeah I agree with my colleagues. They have the forms. You need to bring evidence of your relationship and originals of all certificates.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics