For my I - 360 , Does my psychiatrist Medical Records works as an evidence instead of psychological Evaluations ?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I'm filing for I - 360 since my wife is threats me with immigration and demanding money , and asking me more money , hiding my immigration paper work , and she did push and threw stuff on my face more than one time , asking me for money and using immigration against me , I see psychiatrist for treatment of Depression and Anxiety , I'm filing for I - 360 I have gathered all Evidence of her abuse and threats and all my medical records for each Psychiatrist visit states what I have said to the Psychiatrist and his diagnoses and the Prescription he wrote to me . Does my psychiatrist Medical Records works as an evidence instead of psychological Evaluation's Or I still need to make this Evaluation ? ? ? because the Psychological Evaluation will cost me more money

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Answered 9 minutes ago. You absolutely need to have the psychologist done. It will serve as an "expert witness" report in support of your VAWA claim and will be introduced into evidence as such. It is evidence that cannot be refuted or disputed. It is very important for increasing your chances of success to have a complete an comprehensive evaluation report of your psychological condition done. Your medical reports alone are simply not enough and will not carry the same weight as the psychological report.

You will not be able to have a VAWA case granted without a psych report! That is basic and a must in any VAWA application.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

13

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

4. Ann Elizabeth Block

5

Answered . You could also obtain an evaluation from a different evaluator -- a Domestic Violence counselor, for example. You should go see a local nonprofit that specializes in VAWA applications to ask who they send people to for these evaluations. Your psychiatrist, however, probably WOULD be your best expert -- as a medical doctor, his or her evalution will be seen as extremely weighty and credible -- and think of the money you spend as well worth it to buy your peace of mind and ultimately your permanent residency. You should also obtain expert legal advice for this application, as it is not an easy one, particularly in the situation you have described, with primarily emotional abuse.

One or more answers have been taken down.