For my home improvement I chose home depot, flooring. They install some of the flooring after 2 Mon we don't have the job comple

Dayton, OH |

lFirst batch of material came in a week late. The installer installed some and found out few boxes where damaged was sent back came in defacted again. It was reordered and I aske home depot yo check the boxes before they call us to pick. Again some came in damaged. Since I run out patient I told them I want the money back and they should come take the floor out. Store manager asked for one more chance and promised good disvount. But, they couldn't tell us how much until the material is all in after a week of back and fort and us running after them. Finally they said they give us 400$ discount over 7500$ total cost. I made it clear any thing less then 30% is not except able with us. Now they need more time to see if they can do that. We have been making payments passed 2 months.

It sounds to me like they have been trying to work with you on this to make it good. I agree that it is a pain and a hassle, but so is going to court. In a couple years, the headache is not going to matter, anymore. I would try to negotiate with them for a bigger discount and get the floor done.

You *could* try to find another contractor and see how much THEY would charge you. If it is LESS, then you would have a firm basis for negotiating the contract price down.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.

Thank you james. We tried to work with them like i was advised and they offer a good discount

James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick

Good. I hope everything works out and you enjoy a wonderful new floor!

Recommended articles about Real estate