For LLC partnership who has to sign a lease for the company space renting. Can it be only on LLC's name,use LLC Tax ID name?

Asked 9 months ago - Santa Ana, CA

for LLC partnership who has to sign lease for the company space renting. Can it be only on LLC and use LLC Tax ID name?

Sorry Tax ID number.

1. Michael Charles Doland

10

Answered . Yes, the Manager (or Member if Member-managed) of the LLC can sign the lease. There is no "Tax ID name", perhaps you are thinking of a fictitious business name?

2. Dana Howard Shultz

9

Answered . I agree with my colleagues:

The lease may be in the LLC's name, though frequently a landlord will ask for the members to guarantee the LLC's obligations personally.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. John P Corrigan

9

Answered . Yes, the tenant would be the LLC unless the landlord dictates that it wants a co-signer (an owner of the LLC) instead of a personal guarantee of the members.

4. Terrence Jay Moore

Pro

3

Answered . For your the protection of your own personal assets I recommend that you try not to sign a personal guaranty. If the landlord lets the Manager(s) of the LLC signed the lease this will not result in personal liability to you. If you signed in as managers make sure that your signature notates, "Manager".

The above is not legal advice. It is an illustration of options that can be used in certain situations. I have not examined all of your facts, if I did I might provide a different response.

5. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

4

Answered . The lease can be in the LLC's name. The landlord may also ask for a personal guarantee.