For improper service where law firm didn't follow the protocol to notify the defendant properly, how can I handle the civil suit

Arlington Heights, IL |

I found out that there are 2 judgments against me that was filed on 10/07. In CA
In 2002-2003 moved to Illinois.
I were never properly served with process or notified.
I found out this just recently, by ordering buck ground check. 01/13
Can I appeal this judgment using "improper service" or something else?
How can I find help in CA from ILL?

1. Well, for example if this a a credit card debt your contract may have waived service and submitted you to CA court jurisdiction when you signed up.

Read the details.

2. You really need to address this question to a California attorney. If you were not served properly in most states judgments are void or voidable but you will have to go to the state court where the judgments were entered to undo them, and the procedures should be statutory. What you want to watch out for is the registry of the judgments here in Illinois because that will complicate things and could require action in both California and Illinois.