For how many immediate relatives Can I file Form I-130s at one time? Is there any total Household income restrictions?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

I'm getting a US citizenship soon, Can I file separate applications in the same mail package for my three sisters (two are married), one brother (married) and parents?

1. Anu Gupta

Pro

11

4

Answered . There is no restriction on the number of family members you can sponsor. Financially- take a look at the poverty guidelines to see of you can meet the affidavit of sponsorship requirements.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

11

Answered . For as many as you can financially support on an affidavit of support.

3. Ilir Kavaja

8

Answered . There are no restrictions on number of petitions you may file. There are financial guidelines, however they will come into play after the 1-130 is approved (which will take roughly around 10 years for siblings).
    Hope this helps and good luck.

4. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

9

Answered . You can mail them all in one package, but I would put each petition in it's own envelope.

There is no limit as long as you can show that you earn above the poverty guideline. You do not have to show this at the time of the filing, but at the time the cases are sent to the National Visa Center.

Remember, the cases you are filing for your siblings will take at least 10 years, so for now, it is more important to show that you can support your parents (their cases will take about a year total). If you don't qualify by yourself, you will need a co-sponsor.

I would recommend hiring an attorney to file the cases for you, whether myself or a colleague.

5. Elisheva G Mosko

9

Answered . No restriction on numbers. When you are eligible to sponsor there is a household income requirement, however if you do not earn enough to meet that requirement you may need to find a joint sponsor. Additionally, I recommend filing the applications in separate mail packages.

6. J Charles Ferrari

6

Answered . There is no limit. You must have the financial resources to complete the affidavit of support for all immigrating at the same time.

7. Jennifer Wang

2

1

Answered . please see this link below:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

8. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

4

Answered . No limit.