For how long can I stay in the US on an H1B after I have resigned my job? I need 5-10 days to sell my stuff/sublet my apartment.

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

Will that harm my chances of getting a visa in the future?

1. Robert West

1

Answered . 5 to 10 days should be ok and should not hurt future chances for another visa.

2. Gen Kimura

Answered . I agree with Attorney West. Please remember there is no grace period for H1B holders like F-1 students. Once you resign, you will be out of status.

3. Elizabeth Clare Surin

Pro

Answered . There is no formal grace period to be in the country after the H1B is terminated -- leave as soon as you can -- 5 days sounds like it should not pose future problems. Keep a record of what you are trying to accomplish during this time so you can explain your "overstay" if you need to down the road.