Skip to main content

For EB-2, can the job description say 'bachelors degree + 5 years experience'?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Green cards

I have seen different info on this online. Some websites say that the description must require master's degree (and bachelors + 5 years can substitute for it) but some say it can also ask for bachelors + 5 years in the first place.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. EB-2 is for advanced degree holders.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

  2. Agree. It is for advanced degree holders.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. Either Master degree or bachelors plus 5 years experience.