For divorce trial ruling, if i file motion to vacate, will i lose opportunity to appeal? shall i file both together?

Tacoma, WA |

I ask this question because I learned there is a 30 day limit to file Notice to Appeal.

Since your motion to vacate will likely fail (they are very rarely granted) I would file the Appeal within the 30 day time limit to be safe.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

Follow the advice of an experienced matrimonial lawyer your area. Being all the paperwork to them right away. Good luck.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Dealing with complicated litigation technique without an attorney is almost invariably a recipe for failure. Contact a local attorney ASAP and discuss your options.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Recommended articles about Family law