Skip to main content

For DACA I need to proof that i've been living here in the US from June 2012 to present day?

Round Rock, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I have been living with my girlfriends parents since 2011 and I was wondering if I can use that as proof that I have been living in the US since then because i have nothing else to proof ive been here since 2012?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. "For DACA I need to proof that i've been living here in the US from June 2012 to present day?"

    Yes, among other things.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. To the extent that you lack objective evidence of your residence in the US, you may provide sworn declarations from your girlfriend's parents attesting that you have lived with them. For DACA, you must have proof of residence in the US from June 15, 2007 through June 15, 2012, however, to be approved.

  3. I agree with my colleagues.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

  4. you have to prove that you have been here since June 15, 2007. Get creative - almost anything with your name and date will suffice. If you have been working then a letter from your employer(s); letter from church, school, etc. Considering your issue with finding documentation I suggest you retain an attorney to help you. My office is currently taking DACA cases, if you would like a consultation we can set one up over the phone or skype.

    **Please mark as helpful or best answer if you find this response helpful** MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email:; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, TX 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics