For Blanket L1 B , Does company submits I-129 to USCIS ?

New York, NY |

For Blanket L1 B , Does company submits I-129 to USCIS ? or Only prepare this I-129S and send it to employee?

Employee presents the blanket I-129S at the consulate which the employer previously sent him/her.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Is there any chance of getting L1B visa with petty theft charges ? I will take legal memorandum for petty offence exception but does consulate grants visa or it is risk?

Both are required: first, the company must file the blanket petition with USCIS. When sending an individual applicant to the Embassy with an I-129S, the supporting documents must include a copy of the Notice of Approval of the underlying blanket petition, with the list of all named subsidiaries and affiliates related to the blanket petitioner.

This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice specific to your circumstances, you must consult an attorney in a confidential setting, not in an online forum.

The blanket petition filed at USCIS , will include employee detail as well ? Company already has approved blanket petition as it transfers many employee.

Karin Wolman

Karin Wolman

No, the blanket petition is about the US company, its related affiliates and subsidiaries both abroad and in the US, and the past annual volume of employees transferred to the US to date: it is NOT an individual petition that contains information about the prospective L1 blanket employee who will apply for a visa at a US Embassy with I-129S.

As my colleague correctly pointed out, both.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Do you mean that USCIS , will also need to be submitted with I-129S ? including employee details ?