For an LPS conservatorship, does the conservatee have the right to be aware of the conservatorship?

Asked over 1 year ago - Redwood City, CA

Is there any possibility that right could be denied?

1. Charles Adam Shultz

3

Answered . Notice to the conservatee is required. You need to speak with an elder law attorney.

2. James Gregory Las Cola

3

Answered . Hi, The answer to your question is no. I agree with Counselor Schultz, you need to hire an attorney well versed in Elder Law to assist you in the process you are contemplating. You should consider hiring Counselor Schultz as he has taken the time to help you. In the alternative, I have found some of the finest attorneys in the country are available using the search function here on Avvo.com.

3. Kelly Scott Davis

Pro

3

Answered . The proposed ward or conservatee is given notice that the conservatorship action has commenced so that they can hire a attorney of their own to challenge the allegation that they are incapacitated.