Skip to main content

For a new child support court case do i have to disclose information on a workers comp settlement?

Amsterdam, NY |

My ex and i have had a verbal agreement on child support payments but recently has served me with court paperwork for an unknown reason. I have proof of all payments and have never not paid. A few years ago i was severely injured on the job task and about 6 months ago received a fair settlement that i have put into savings. On the summonds it asks to put down all income assets etc. This is from an injury that my doctor claims a permanent 25% loss in my arm Hense why i got this money. Is this something i have to report to child support when court date happens? I cant afford a lawyer or I'd ask one.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You will have to complete a financial affidavit disclosure form which will list your sources of income and assets.


I agree with Mr. Saint-Pre. You have to disclose all income.

The above answer is intended for informational purposes and is not legal advice. It does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, you have to report it as to do otherwise would be to commit felony perjury. That said, merely because you have money in the bank doesn't mean this constitutes "income." Whether it's considered income or not may depend on whether that's your sole source of income & whether you're drawing upon it to pay living expenses. If so & perhaps to that extent it may be considered income. Speak further with a child support lawyer in your area.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer