For a first offense on a misdameanor drug paraphernalia charge whgat is most likely going to happen to me being only 17?

Asked over 4 years ago - Charlotte, NC

I was in a car hanging with my friend in our friends neighborhood and the police pulled up beside us. And had saw that we owned pipes they issued us a citation with a mandatory courtdate.

1. Ronald S. Pichlik

Answered . This is a criminal offense which if you end up convicted of you could be sentenced to fines, costs, probation and possible jail-time. If you have not been in any trouble in the past you are probably looking at fines and costs most likely. However, the bigger long-term problem is you shoudl be trying to seek a resolution of this matter that would not result in a criminal conviction entering on your record. There are often times ways to resolve a case that would not require a conviction to enter upon your record permanently. You should strongly think about hiring an attorney to assist you in resolving this matter.