For 4 years i've tride to get a affordable loan modification with my mortgage co. and they just will not give me one

Elgin, IL |

they have given me two modification , they was to high i gave them my document that requested and they have except the document for modification but i make enough to pay for the loan that they gave me , can you please tell me what my options are.

1. Yours is not really a legal question. The only thing you can do is keep trying and keep speaking to lenders. There are many people who can afford mortgages and loans who do not qualify because of today's lender requirements.

2. You might contact the counselors at www.makinghomeaffordable.gov. This is a non-profit organization in the business to help homeowners. They cannot do magic, but they can explain the processes. Please understand that most lenders are not required to work with the borrower.

This firm is in the business of helping people and companies file for bankruptcy protection. Therefore, the bankruptcy code requires that we call our firm a "debt relief agency." This information is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to be a legal opinion, legal advice or a complete discussion of the related issues. Nor is this advice intended to create a client - attorney relationship. Every individual's factual situation is different and you should seek independent legal advice from an attorney familiar with the laws of your state or locality regarding specific information.

3. Have foreclosures proceeding been filed against you?