For 4 years i've tride to get a affordable loan modification with my mortgage co. and they just will not give me one

Asked almost 2 years ago - Elgin, IL

they have given me two modification , they was to high i gave them my document that requested and they have except the document for modification but i make enough to pay for the loan that they gave me , can you please tell me what my options are.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yours is not really a legal question. The only thing you can do is keep trying and keep speaking to lenders. There are many people who can afford mortgages and loans who do not qualify because of today's lender requirements.

  2. Joseph Younes

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Have foreclosures proceeding been filed against you?

  3. Diane L Drain


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You might contact the counselors at This is a non-profit organization in the business to help homeowners. They cannot do magic, but they can explain the processes. Please understand that most lenders are not required to work with the borrower.

    This firm is in the business of helping people and companies file for bankruptcy protection. Therefore, the... more

Related Topics

Property foreclosure

If you miss too many mortgage payments, your lender can start foreclosure proceedings to take ownership of the property, but it has to follow your state's laws.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,842 answers this week

2,865 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,842 answers this week

2,865 attorneys answering