Food poisoning

Asked about 1 year ago - Westminster, CA

In October 26 of 2012, I went to whole foods to get some dinner. I ordered a dozen of oysters at there seafood aisle. And went to the register at the food court n paid for it. I was the only person eating the oysters. The very next morning I had excruciating pain n diarhea. I went to the bathroom from 6:30 am to 10 am. N after that I vomited. My body was so weak n my stomach was in so much pain that I had my bf rush me to ER. Nurses n doctor said I had food poisoning, but they wanted to make sure so they gave me all these testing n scans. They did diagnose me gastroenologist. . I filed a claim with whole foods n after there ins. investigating they found to not be responsible. What should I do? I owe 13000 of med bills

1. Jame P Mascaro

8

Answered . You hire a lawyer to sue them.

2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

8

Answered . Consult with an experienced PI attorney in your area. Do not listen to the adjuster for the insurance company. Best of luck.

3. George Costas Andriotis

7

Answered . Hire a qualified attorney to file a lawsuit.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Christine C McCall

Pro

4

1

Answered . OK, I will stand apart from the choir here and tell you straight out: the reason that the market is not willing to talk with you is that the amount of your claim is wholly out of whack with the factual allegation.

Large retailers, and large fast-food and prepared foods businesses have access to huge amounts of highly-refined and well-analyzed data based on decades of actual shared experience in minutely categorized and statistically managed fact patterns. They could give training sessions at the local emergency rooms as to exactly what it can reasonably cost when a customer eats some bad food. And, in the ordinary course, their claims folks -- in house or external -- will swallow and deal with it when the data is torqued in an individual case by 2 - 5%. But $13,000 for a bad dish of oysters? Not even close! You have a long and difficult litigation ahead of you. Can't say who, but whether it was you or the medical facility, someone let their ambitions for a big payday run wholly out of control here. And the retailer doesn't intend to stand the costs of that self-help.

5. Andrew Daniel Myers

6

Answered . In addition to the excellent advice you have received from the CA attorneys, report this to the health department in the municipality in which you made the purchase. Save the receipt. Retain counsel ASAP or sooner. Food poisoning "cause-and-effect" is not as easy to establish as one might hope.

6. Albert Lee Crosner

4

Answered . The other attorneys have provided you with some excellent advice. Contact a couple of personal injury attorneys local to your area and discuss this with them. Select one you feel comfortable with. Keep all evidence of this incident. Most personal injury attorneys provide a free consultation. Sorry this happened to you. Best of luck.

Pro

4

Answered . Retain a local food poisoning lawyer to investigate.