Followup - In what court does one challenge the validity of an employment severance agreement; Can the claim be submitted pro se

Asked over 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

Duration of Employment was between two states.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Timothy Alan Coe

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . As far as what court to file, I would recommend the court of the county where the would be defendant lives/has their principal place of business. Any case can be filed pro se, but the reason we have lawyers is because the law is complicated. Not only the substantive law, but the procedural law as well, and an initial filing needs to have a lot of what may be seen as innocuous detail, but it is all necessary to avoid dismissal. I would seriously recommend hiring an attorney.

    Best of luck!

  2. Norman Antonio Stiteler

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Of course you can proceed pro se, but it really isn't an action most people would recommend.

    I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,681 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,681 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering