Followup - In what court does one challenge the validity of an employment severance agreement; Can the claim be submitted pro se

Asked over 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

Duration of Employment was between two states.

1. Timothy Alan Coe

Answered . As far as what court to file, I would recommend the court of the county where the would be defendant lives/has their principal place of business. Any case can be filed pro se, but the reason we have lawyers is because the law is complicated. Not only the substantive law, but the procedural law as well, and an initial filing needs to have a lot of what may be seen as innocuous detail, but it is all necessary to avoid dismissal. I would seriously recommend hiring an attorney.

Best of luck!

2. Norman Antonio Stiteler

Answered . Of course you can proceed pro se, but it really isn't an action most people would recommend.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now