Following trial and submission of findings of fact and law, how and when can I submit new /updated evidence?

Asked over 2 years ago - Saint Louis, MO

We have started a divorce process in 2011, went through trial, and submitted facts of law and proposed judgement. I have a piece of information that I want to submit but am not sure if I can do it now. I was told the judge is now to review the proposed judgments when it comes to her which may take a couple of months.

1. Leonard Komen

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . You will need a Motion to Reopen the Case for additional evidence. You must be able to show this evidence was not available to you prior to trial in spite of a diligent effort by you and your attorney to discover it. If it was within your ability to find that evidence but the effort was not made, don't waste your time. It is very difficult to reopen a case for additional evidence once a trial is completed.

2. Daniel Dean Brogdon

1

2

Answered . Are you doing this by yourself? If so, there are ways to potentially get the evidence re-opened. If you are represented, talk to your attorney.