Following a civil trial with a no cause of action verdict, why would a plaintiff request a jury voir dire?

Clinton Township, MI |

This is for medical malpractice with a unanimous decision against the plaintiff.

1. What you are speaking to sounds more like a post-verdict poling of the jury to place on the record that each of the jury members voted in accord with the reported verdict. It is partially for procedural and appeals purposes. It is noting for you to worry about presently. If you have questions, the best person to ask is your defense attorney.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

2. I agree with Mr. Brennan. What you describe sounds more like a polling of the jury, and the purposes Mr. Brennan provided are accurate.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you would like to discuss your matter further so that I may provide you with more specific advice, please take advantage of your free consultation by e-mailing me directly at mickey@mickeylarsonlaw.com or by calling me directly at (616) 606 - LAW-6 (5296). If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer you a 10% discount on my fee.