Following a civil trial with a no cause of action verdict, why would a plaintiff request a jury voir dire?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clinton Township, MI

This is for medical malpractice with a unanimous decision against the plaintiff.

1. John F. Brennan

2

Answered . What you are speaking to sounds more like a post-verdict poling of the jury to place on the record that each of the jury members voted in accord with the reported verdict. It is partially for procedural and appeals purposes. It is noting for you to worry about presently. If you have questions, the best person to ask is your defense attorney.

2. Mickey David Larson

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Brennan. What you describe sounds more like a polling of the jury, and the purposes Mr. Brennan provided are accurate.