Follow up from first question please respond if you can only

Asked about 1 year ago - West Palm Beach, FL

Hi everyone thanks for responding it really helped the adjuster did make a low ball offer of $1,000 after my demand of policy limit which is $100,000 to inform you I didn't have surgery before demand was sent but I just had microdiscectomy on 7/2/13 I guess adjuster was calling my bluff?? Adjuster also ask for photos from accident and medical records within last five years because I did have pre-existing injury but after comparing 2011/2013 MRI it clearly worsened after hit and run. Also photos are not available because I was a passenger it wasn't my car and they no longer own that vehicle. My lawyer is sending over all records requested and not coming off of policy limit demand what do you think will happen next ??

1. Brian Robert Dettman

11

Best Answer

Answered . Your attorney will be able to answer this question better than anyone else. Adjuster's commonly low ball. It is not the end of the world. Trust your lawyer.

Follow me: www.twitter.com/TrackMyLawyer. This answer does not create a legal relationship.
  2. Jeffrey Robert Davis

11

Answered . I think your lawyer is the best person to ask.

3. Michael R Crosner

11

Answered . This question needs to be asked to your attorney

4. Jesus Novo III

8

1

Answered . High policy limits are difficult to get unless you have serious injuries. With low policy limit the insurance company may fear a bad faith claim. Follow your lawyers advice.

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

10

Answered . I think your attorney will get annoyed that you are consulting AVVO instead of listening to him.

6. Julie S Luhrsen

5

1

Answered . Your lawyer is in the best position to answer that question and this is one reason you retained him/her. I'd strongly urge you to take it up with him/her. In any case, you should expect that there will likely be more back and forth negotiations between your lawyer and the adjuster until such point as you decide, upon the recommendations of your attorney, whether to accept the settlement offer or file a law suit.

7. Jeffrey Mark Adams

7

Answered . Call me a skeptic, but do you really have an attorney?

8. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

4

1

Answered . It looks like you are headed for trial.

9. Brett Miles Bressler

4

Answered . Since you are represented by counsel, you should address all questions to your lawyer.

10. Don Paul Harvey

Pro

2

Answered . As others have pointed you, call your lawyer.