Follow up: We appeared to put stipulation on record to settle $70K breach of contract case on record before judge for $45K with

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

25K in quarterly installments for five years. Transcript of settlement is brief. Says if a quarterly payment is missed, 70K shown due & sought in case is reinstated & accelerated. D breached -1st payment late and wrong amount, 2d wrong amount, 3rd missed but D made it up though I objected & told D late sum was applied to reduce debt but didn’t rectify breach(s) & 70K due. Suppose to dismiss but didn’t because defaults. Case is pending. Can I file judgment form for $70 and attach the recorder’s transcript to enter judgment? Or a motion or trial? What do I tell D? Thanks again.

1. Shaun K. Boss

4

Answered . It would be necessary to review the Reporter's Transcript before advising you on the a manner in which to proceed.

2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

2

Answered . This is a question that probably cannot be answered on AVVO, since someone would need to review some of the documents and the case history to give you an answer. Call your attorney and ask him.

3. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

1

Answered . If you filed a default judgment or default then you cannot dismiss until you have those vacated.