Fmla investigator told employer they want it in writing

Chicago, IL |

fmla investigator told me that they told the employer they want it in writing, what does that mean, until they get it from the employer in writing, they wont elaborate on what they are waiting for. my question is that this has been going on for six months and i just was wondering what do they want in writing.

Your question is so vague that answering it would only be a complete guess. You should, in writing, request this investigator and/or employer to confirm that your FMLA application has been processed and is complete. Include a statement which requests that in the event the application is being held for any reason that they share with you, in writing, what deficiencies exist and how they may be corrected. Good luck.

Please be advised that the above answer is not legal advice. Legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. My "answer" to your "question" is for general reference purposes and I recommend you consider consulting a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

If you CANNOT EXPLAIN IT . . .
How can we ANSWER IT?????

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

for the second time in one day, I am doing something I almost never do – telling someone to post again on this subject. You need to add some more facts.

You might want to ask the FMLA "investigator" what it is they want. He's much more likely to know then we are.

If you found this Answer to be helpful, please mark it as such. Remember, however, free advice is worth every penny you paid for it. This is only generalized commentary on your question. It is not to be taken as legal advice. I am a lawyer – but not your lawyer! Even "in person" interviews leave attorneys with plenty of questions – the Internet makes it crazy! Thank you Chuck Watson 217.544.6165